Added: Tessa Mendelson - Date: 04.10.2021 20:24 - Views: 41710 - Clicks: 1813
North Carrollton, Mississippi , came into being as a town in Originally called Rathbone, businesses started to grow and a post office was established in Jesse D. Guner was the first postmaster. In , the name Rathbone was no longer used and the town was incorporated as North Carrollton. The town of North Carrollton has many historical facts. Georgia Pacific laid train tracks and even built a depot in From there, the town was developed around these tracks.
At one time the town of North Carrollton had a variety of stores which included, dry good stores, drug stores, bank, livery stables, lumber companies, three cotton gins, oil mill and even a hotel. The town even had its own artesian well located in the center of town, which now has been cemented over and now proudly displays the U. The town had an icehouse owned by Clarence and Mary Sue Bennett. The town even had its own theater where top motion pictures were shown. At present day the Town of North Carrollton is still a thriving historic town.
The town is the home of J. George High School, which is named after J. George, former U. Also located in North Carrollton is the home of U. Senator, Arnie Watson. On the skirts of town is Evergreen Cemetery, which is the burial place of U. Senators, J. George and H. The town has three churches, among them the North Carrollton Methodist Church, organized in We Invite you to visit our website and enjoy the slideshow presentation of our historic little town across the bridge.
For slideshow click on thumbnail above and below on this . Our Mailing List! Name: . Free Hit Counter.North carrollton MS
email: [email protected] - phone:(956) 783-5422 x 6843
North Carrollton, MS